Friday, June 9, 2017

Beauty Trove's Top 5 Favorites for May 2017

Happy start of summer everyone!  I love the summer months for nice, pretty and colorful makeup.  I've been trying out a lot of new cosmetics and skincare items lately and have a great set of must haves.  If you are interested in knowing what I have been loving in May, keep reading...

1.  Butter London + Pantone Color of the Year Eyeshadow Palette ($29.00).  Let me just say you need this palette in your life.  I absolutely love new pantone color of the year--greenery.  Greenery is this fun green color somewhere between a sage and lime hue.  It is a really fun pop of color to punch up your makeup routine.  The palette comes with 7 other lovely lilac, plum, rose fold and grey shades.  There is a little kickback with the shadows but the color payoff is totally worth it.  If you are ever at Ulta, take a look at this palette.  I know I will be wearing mine all this summer.
2.  Nyx Cosmetics Duo Chromatic Illuminating Powder in Snow Rose ($8.00).  If you wanted to try the duo chrome highlighter trend than look no further.  The Nyx duo chrome highlighter in snow rose has been my go to highlighter for May.  Snow rose is absolutely stunning!  It is a nice icy highlighter that shifts to pink and lilac.  If you pair this with the Butter London palette or the Nyx palette that I am going to mention soon, you will have a gorgeous and very sophisticated look.  The highlight is very pigmented so if you want something a little more subtle, you will have to use a light hand.  For $8, this is really worth every penny. 

3.  Nyx Cosmetics Ultimate Shadow Palette in Cool Neutrals ($18.00).   I honestly was on the fence about purchasing this palette.  I picked it up as part of the Ulta BOGO 50% off sale.  I am really glad I did.  I don't typically go for cool colors but I have been wearing all the colors in the palette none stop this May.  I especially love the second row paired with the dark plum color in the corner.  There is a nice mix of shimmers and mattes.  I am in love with the lilacs shades and you can see how this palette pairs nicely with the snow rose highlighter.  It is more on the expensive side of Nyx Cosmetics so I would purchase this when there is a BOGO 50% off sale at Ulta.  Pick up the warm neutrals palette as well during the sale.  

4.  It Cosmetics Bye Bye Under Eye Cream ($48.00).  I've been trying the bye bye under eye cream out for the last 8 months out.  Yes, the eye cream has lasted this long!  I just recently ran out but purchased another container.  It is one of the most hydrating and cooling under eye creams I have ever tried out.  Bye bye under eye cream just feels really good after a long day.  I've also noticed that when I have used it for a couple of weeks, my eyes don't look as tired.  I know this is on the expensive side so I would wait for It Cosmetics to have a 25% off sale.  Really worth your money. 

5.  Essence Lash Princess False Lash Effect Mascara ($4.99).  A friend of mine told me that she never buys prestige brand mascara.  Now I know why!  The drug store has some amazing formulas of mascara.  I started using Essence's Lash Princess in May, and I am hooked!  It reminds me a lot of It Cosmetics Super Hero mascara.  When I am in a rush, I don't even bother using an eyelash curler...I just give my eyelashes 2 coats of this mascara and I have voluminous, doll-like lashes.  Ulta is having a BOGO 50% sale on Essence.  This is a great time to try out some products by Essence.  



That wraps up my favorites for the month of May.  Let me know what you have been loving in May or if you have tried any of the products I just mentioned by commenting below.


No comments:

Post a Comment