Wednesday, September 13, 2017

Beauty Trove's Top 5 for August 2017

Every month seems to go faster than the one before it.  The summer was filled with lots of new launches from Anastasia, Morphe, Too Faced, ColourPop, and many more beauty companies.  It was almost too much to keep up with.  I have been trying out a couple of items from these new launches and discovering cosmetics that have been a mainstay in the beauty community.  If you want to see the makeup that I have been loving for the month of August, keep on reading.

1.  The Jaclyn Hill x Morphe Palette ($38.00).  This is one of those palettes that was hyped throughout the summer.  The palette itself ranges on the more expensive side for Morphe, but as evidenced by the fact that the palette has sold out every time it relaunched, it is well worth the money.  The eyeshadows are of a higher quality than Morphe typically has and I am hoping that this is a sign that Morphe may be reformulating its older palettes.  The Jaclyn Hill x Morphe palette features 42 gorgeous and very bendable eyeshadows.  It is mainly geared towards warm toned colors (perfect for fall!) and a few pops of unexpected colors.  I think the metallic gold, bronze, and copper make this palette worth the investment.  I have gotten a number of very pretty looks with this palette and can't wait to take it back out again in October to play with it some more.  I will keep you informed on the next relaunch date.

2.  Wet n Wild Color Icon Blush in Apri-Cot in the Middle ($2.99).  Wet n wild is known for being an affordable yet high quality cosmetics brand.  Wet n wild surely doesn't let you down with their Color Icon Blushes.  I have been wearing Apri-Cot in the middle pretty much everyday in August and am continuing to use it in September as well.  Apri-Cot in the middle is a super pigmented blush that is the right combination of nude, pink, and peach.  It looks great on the apples of the cheeks and goes perfectly with the Jaclyn Hill x Morphe palette and a new highlighter that I am going to discuss.  Apri-Cot in the middle is super affordable and super flattering.
3.  Maybelline Face Studio Master Chrome Metallic Highlighter in Molten Gold ($9.99).  I fell hard for this highlighter.  It is absolutely stunning on the high points of the face.  I have a number of
high end highlighters that cannot do what this less than ten dollar highlighter can do.  The shade, in my opinion, is universally flattering and gives a gold, bronze goddess look.  It pairs wonderfully with my other two favorites (above) this month.  Pick it up and try it out, you won't be disappointed.

4.  Juvia's Place the Magic Palette ($35.00).  The other palette have been wearing exclusively in August is The Magic Palette by Juvia's Place.  NikkieTutorials featured an eye tutorial on this palette.  It has 16 huge soft and pigmented eyeshadow pans.  The metallics are some of the best eyeshadows I have ever used.  I really love this palette and love that The Magic Palette is now part of my permanent makeup collection.

5.  First Aid Beauty Skin Rescue Deep Cleanser with Red Clay ($24.00).  I typically stay with my Mary Kay Timewise set (includes cleanser).  But this month has been strange and I have been breaking out frequently.  I received a sample of this cleanser in my ipsy subscription and decided to give it a world and try it out.  This cleanser really works.  I am not sure how it worked but my breakouts calmed down and my pores shrank, quite a lot.  I decided to bite the bullet and purchase a full sized one from Sephora.  I am continuing to use this cleanser twice a week, while using my Mary Kay cleanser as my main one.  I am interested in trying out the rest of the red clay line by First Aid Beauty.  I am wondering if anyone else has liked the red clay line and which products do you suggest I try next?


That's it for my August favorites!  What products have you been enjoying in August?  Let me know by commenting below.

No comments:

Post a Comment