Thursday, January 26, 2017

Beauty Trove's Top 5 January 2017 Picks!

The first month of the new year has gone by fast!  I've had a chance to go through some of the new cosmetics that have been stashed on my vanity, some of which have found a place in the Top 5 for January.  Comment below to let me know what products you have been enjoying in January!

1.  Pur Cosmetics Hydrafluid Water Foundation ($39.00).  I typically wear a CC cream because of the ease of application.  I picked this product up during their BOGO sale and am happy I did.  The
color selection is somewhat limited but I did find that the light shade matched nicely.  You will need more than a few drops for full coverage.  I did like how the foundation applied when I used my Urban Decay Karma blurring foundation brush.  The application is pretty flawless and stays on for at least 8-10 hours.  If your try this product out, be sure to use a water based face primer.

2.  ColourPop's Super Shock Shadow in Glitterati ($5.00).  I love this shadow for dramatic holiday and party eye looks.  The super shock shadows have a very luxurious and bouncy texture.  Glitterati is a super metallic silver eye shadow.  It is perfect for a
bold, winter party look.  I've used this in a makeup tutorial "Silver Bells" on this blog.

3.  My Brush Set Oval Brushes ($25.00).  What a great deal!  These brushes are a dupe for a much more expensive brand.  For half the price of a single brush, you can purchase 10 oval cosmetic brushes from My Brush Set.  I especially love the powder, blush, foundation, and contour brushes.  I use the contour brush for my highlight.  The brushes are extremely soft and applies foundation and powders like a dream.  Great value for the price!

4.  ColourPop's Ultra Glossy Lip in My Jam ($6.00).  I have been wearing this lip gloss almost every day this month.  It is a gorgeous rosy, nude lip gloss with gold metallic.  It is nice on its own and kicks your look up a notch when applied over a nude or pink lipstick.  It's very comfortable to
wear and does not bleed over the lips.

5.  Urban Decay's Naked Ultimate Basics ($54.00).  Another neutral matte eye shadow palette.. no, you don't really need another one.  But if you are going to invest in a high end palette, this is the one to get.  I've been using this at least 3 times every week in January.  The colors do blend well and create a number of versatile looks that you can wear to work and into the evening.  The brush that is included in the palette is also very good.  I wish the case were metal rather than plastic.  But I do appreciate that it is a square versus rectangular palette.

No comments:

Post a Comment