The first month of the new year has gone by fast! I've had a chance to go through some of the new cosmetics that have been stashed on my vanity, some of which have found a place in the Top 5 for January. Comment below to let me know what products you have been enjoying in January!
1. Pur Cosmetics Hydrafluid Water Foundation ($39.00). I typically wear a CC cream because of the ease of application. I picked this product up during their BOGO sale and am happy I did. The
2. ColourPop's Super Shock Shadow in Glitterati ($5.00). I love this shadow for dramatic holiday and party eye looks. The super shock shadows have a very luxurious and bouncy texture. Glitterati is a super metallic silver eye shadow. It is perfect for a
bold, winter party look. I've used this in a makeup tutorial "Silver Bells" on this blog.
3. My Brush Set Oval Brushes ($25.00). What a great deal! These brushes are a dupe for a much more expensive brand. For half the price of a single brush, you can purchase 10 oval cosmetic brushes from My Brush Set. I especially love the powder, blush, foundation, and contour brushes. I use the contour brush for my highlight. The brushes are extremely soft and applies foundation and powders like a dream. Great value for the price!
4. ColourPop's Ultra Glossy Lip in My Jam ($6.00). I have been wearing this lip gloss almost every day this month. It is a gorgeous rosy, nude lip gloss with gold metallic. It is nice on its own and kicks your look up a notch when applied over a nude or pink lipstick. It's very comfortable to
5. Urban Decay's Naked Ultimate Basics ($54.00). Another neutral matte eye shadow palette.. no, you don't really need another one. But if you are going to invest in a high end palette, this is the one to get. I've been using this at least 3 times every week in January. The colors do blend well and create a number of versatile looks that you can wear to work and into the evening. The brush that is included in the palette is also very good. I wish the case were metal rather than plastic. But I do appreciate that it is a square versus rectangular palette.