It’s hard to believe we are already in the pumpkin spiced filled month of October. Ah, September, I hardly knew you. But I did have a lot of fun discovering new makeup items and finally getting around to some of the products I had sitting in my drawers. If you want to know what the Beauty Trove Blog has loved this September, continue to scroll down.
1. MaryKay’s CC Cream: I’ve been wearing this nonstop this month. This is hands down one of my new favorite CC creams. The coverage is very good and you only need about 2-3 pumps per application. I use the Real Techniques sponges to apply the foundation for a flawless look that doesn’t look like I am pancaked in makeup. It wears well throughout the day and after 8-9 hours when makeup typically breaks down, you will have a dewy finish on your skin. CC cream is sold for $20.
2. Katty Kat Matte lipstick in Catour. Okay, let’s get one thing straight the Katty Kat Matte lipstick line is definitely not matte. However, there are some really lovely shades. The one I have found myself reaching to all this month is Catour. Catour is a lovely nude, pink-brown color. The application is great. It feels very silky and stays on with maybe one reapply during the day. I’ve been mainly wearing a lot of nude and matte eye looks this month and the color pairs well. I think the color would also work if you play up your eyes in really bright colors. The lipstick is at a great price too. Lipstick sells for $8.99.
1. 3. Tarte double duty shape tape contour concealer ($24.00). I’m just going to say, where has this product been all of my life? If you are like me and suffer from dark under eyes, you need this
4. Pur Cosmetics Love Your Selfie palette ($39.00). Okay, I know I’m somewhat late getting to the party on this one. Where do I begin? This palette has everything: 8 pigmented eyeshadows for both natural and dramatic eye looks, 1 look at my glow highlighter, 1 goddess-like bronzer, 1 fabulous rose pink blush, 1 deluxe mascara, and 1 creamy, nude lip gloss. I took this palette on a vacation and it was (in addition to my foundation) all the makeup I needed. I received several compliments about my makeup using this palette. This is a great investment for the price. I love the shade "capture", it is a great transition color. The only thing is that the eyeshadows are a little dusty so you just need to have light hand when you go to dip your brush into the pan.
5. Assis LED Lighted Travel Mirror ($26.99)This is the best mirror that I have found for getting up close and grooming eyebrows and removing unwanted facial hair. The 10X magnification combined with LED illumination makes sure you see each and every hair.
Come Shop With Me, Your Mary Kay Independent Beauty Consultant!!!