Tuesday, October 25, 2016

Try Again or Toss: e.l.f. Cosmetics Baked Highlighter

I love a beauty bargain!  Especially when the bargain comes from a company, like e.l.f. Cosmetics, that produces inexpensive products without compromising product quality.  I love the e.l.f. Cosmetics eyeliners and blushes.  So when I found out that e.l.f. Cosmetics has baked highlighters, I jumped right on board.  These highlighters sell out pretty fast so they must be really good, right?

My first impression of the highlighter I bought, which was Blush Gems ($3.00) was well...meh.  The payoff wasn't fantastic and to be honest looked like I did not have any highlighter on.  I found it difficult to get enough product on my cosmetic brush and it required too much effort to continuously swirl the brush in the product, then apply onto the high points of my cheeks, and repeat the same process over the areas I thought I just covered.

I hate discarding cosmetics, even if it just cost me $3.00.  So I gave it the old college try and worked at the highlighter again.  Check out this easy step out to decide if the e.l.f. baked highlighter is worth another try or a toss:

1.  Use your finger rather than a brush.  I know it sounds strange.  But your fingers have a lot of ridges, grooves, and oil that pick up pigment better than a brush can.

2.  Wet your finger and then press into the highlighter.  This is a baked highlighter, which means it can be applied on wet and wet actually increases the intensity.  Once you have picked up enough product with your wet finger apply to the high-points on your face.

So Toss or Try Again?  My verdict: try again.  It actually works out much better using a damp finger application.  Let me know what your verdict is!

No comments:

Post a Comment