Tuesday, March 14, 2017

Winter Empties 2017

Hi Everyone!  So supposedly we are entering Spring...although the view from place says otherwise.  Hopefully, all you folks out east are hunkered down for the winter storm.  I started saving some of the empty products that I finished this winter (probably starting in mid December) so that I could share which products I will be repurchasing and why (also why I won't be repurchasing some products).  Just as a disclaimer some of the products that I won't buy again just didn't work for me.  You may have found that these items work well for you.  And with that, let's get started!

Bath & Personal Hygiene Products.  I only have three items since I started saving my empty bottles.  There are 2 body washes and 1 deodorant.


  • Secret deodorant pH balanced in shower fresh ($2.47)- It's deodorant.  It did what it was supposed to do.  I did repurchase another secret deodorant.  
  • Softsoap body wash Fresh and Glow Milk Protein and Almond ($2.97)- This is a nice moisturizing body wash.  I usually alternate between using this and an exfoliating body wash.  The fresh and glow body wash smells really nice but it is not overpowering.  I did repurchase this item.
  • Caress Evenly Gorgeous Exfoliating Body Wash ($3.97)- I actually started using this body wash due to Dani's (from Coffee Break with Dani) recommendation.  I did really love this product.  Caress' Evenly Gorgeous smelled fantastic, lathered nicely, and had amazing exfoilating power without feeling that you were ripping your skin off.  However, the product went through package reformatting.  I don't really care for that.  I used to be able to turn the bottle upside down to make sure I got every last bit of product out (or most of it).  I can't do
    that with the new bottle.  Also, I've noticed that the formula isn't the same. Although the company says that they have not reformulated the body wash, it really looks different and doesn't preform as well.  I've attached a photo below of the new and old body washes.  The new one is located on the left and the old one is located on the right.  The old body wash looks thicker, at least to me.  I did repurchase 2 bottles of the new packaging, but I won't re-buy after I use the two bottles up.  I am looking around to see if I can find a price comparable exfoilating wash that performs like the old version of evenly gorgeous.  If you have any that you like to use, please comment on this post.  
Face Cleansers, Serums, Lotions, and Makeup Removers.
I have used up 2 cleansers, 2 serums, 1 face lotion, and 2 makeup removers.



  • Mary Kay Oil-free Eye Makeup Remover ($15.00).  This is my ride or die eye makeup remover.  I love this product!  It is one of the few eye makeup removers that does not burn my eyes like the heat of 1,000 suns.  It removes all of my eye make up and waterproof mascara.  I have repurchased this item.  Really worth every penny.
  • Mary Kay TimeWise Day Solution Sun Screen Broad Spectrum ($32.00).  This is a nice facial sun screen.  Do you need to absolutely purchase a face sun screen from Mary Kay? No, but I would recommend you buy something that works for you and your budget.  Even in the winter, you should be wearing sun screen.  I like this one because it works for me and doesn't cause me to break out.  I have since repurchased from my Mary Kay independent beauty consultant.
  • Mary Kay TimeWise 3-in-1 Cleanser ($20.00).  This is another ride or die for me.  I use this as a daily cleanser (I toggle between the cleanser for dry skin and the one for oily/combination).  It really doesn't have much of a fragrance but it acts as a cleanser, toner, and exfoilator.  Really nice cleanser and you don't need to use a lot of it.  It lasts up to 3 months.  I've repurchased this  item.  
  • Mary Kay Timewise Age-fighting Moisturizer ($24.00).  This is a nice moisturizer for anti-aging.  I think everyone should start using an anti-aging moisturizing starting in their mid-20s.  I like to use this one at night.  I typically use a heavier cream in the morning because I find it helps my makeup application.  I've repurchased this product.  
  • Mario Badescu Strawberry Face Scrub ($15.00).  The Strawberry Face Scrub is the most delicious exfoliating scrub I have used.  It has strawberry seeds to act as a natural exfoiliant, which I love.  I use this product once a week at night in place of the Mary Kay 3-in-1 cleanser.  I will be repurchasing this product this week.
  • Formula 10.0.6 So Totally Clean Micellar Water for Sensitive Skin ($5.99).  I liked this product.  It smells somewhat like witch hazel but it does get all of your makeup off without causing irritated skin.  It is somewhat pricey when you consider you are only getting 8 oz. of fluid.  I haven't repurchased this yet since I put the Garnier's micellar water.  If this does go on sale at Ulta, I would consider repurchasing. 
  • DDF Wrinkle Resist Plus Pore Minimizer Moisturizing Serum ($85.00).  This was a sample I received from Sephora.  I did like this product a lot, it smells great but I am not sure if it really did anything for my skin.  I don't have any dramatic pores or wrinkles..yet, so maybe it would work for me in the future.  But that price!  I think I will look for a cheaper serum to replace this one with.  
Sheet Masks.  I used a lot of these.  I typically use 1 a week.


  • Biobelle Sheet Masks ($4.99).  These are some of my favorite sheet masks.  I featured these on a haul and one of my top 5 monthly favorites.  Looks like the ones I used this winter are the decadence and beauty secret masks. The masks themselves apply smooth and they really do hydrate your face.  I have repurchased these masks.  I usually wait to get these when they are on sale at Ulta.  Ulta will have a BOGO or a buy one get one 50% off.  
  • Tony Moly Mekgeoli Skin Purifying Mask ($3.75).  This is a comfortable mask that provides hydration.  I would repurchase this mask.
  • Leaders 7 Wonders Mediterranean Olive Brightening Mask ($6.00).  I recently started using this and the mask is quickly becoming my favorite.  The sheet mask is made from fermented coconut and applies like a second skin on your face.  I did notice that the mask brigtened and moisturized my face making it silky smooth.  I have repurchased this mask.  Again, wait until there is a sale for these at Ulta since they are a little more expensive.  I waited for a BOGO free sale.
  • Sephora Collection Lotus Sheet Mask ($6.00).    This smells fantastic and does an awesome job to moisturize your face.  These are somewhat pricey.  I usually use this mask once a month.  I would repurchase this item.  I've also heard good things about their rose mask. 
  • Say Yes to Coconut Sheet Mask ($2.52).  I picked this one up at a Wal-mart since I was trying out different sheet masks.  I really wished I would have stopped and looked at the reviews before purchasing this.  It is a paper mask, which is fine, but as soon as I put it on my face, it started burning like you wouldn't believe.  When I removed it, my face was extremely red and pretty angry at me.  The online reviews say the same thing.  I also purchased the charcoal mask but...reviews say this burns as well.  I am not planning on using it, and I don't want to give it away in case someone else has the same reaction.  Looks like I will be trashing that one.  I would never repurchase this item.  I do like this brand, they have some nice face oils.  Hopefully, the Say yes to company will think about reformulating their sheet masks. 
Face Primers and CC Cream.  Three items fall in this category.
  • Mary Kay Foundation Primer Sunscreen Broad Spectrum 15 ($18.00).  This is a very creamy primer that minimizes pores and provides a smooth application.  It is non-greasy and works well with CC creams, BB creams, and medium coverage foundations.  I have repurchased this item.
  • Mary Kay CC Cream in Very Light ($20.00).  I use this CC cream and the one by It Cosmetics.  This has light to medium coverage and looks like natural skin.  I use this product for everyday makeup looks and when I need to get ready in a flash.  I've repurchased this item.  
  • Benefit Porefessional Primer ($31.00).  I really like this primer.  It is very smooth and does blur imperfections.  It is pretty expensive for a primer, although it does last a long time.  I would repurchase this item but I think I would only use it for special occasions.  
Face Powder and Bronzer.  I have 2 Mary Kay products listed here.
  • Mary Kay Translucent Loose Powder ($16.00).  This is one of the finest powders I have come across.  I use this to set my under eyes, face and neck after concelear and foundation application.  It does a nice job in preventing the foundation from creasing and does not give you that "cake-like" appearance.  I have repurchased this item.
  • Mary Kay Bronzing Powder ($18.00).  This is one of the few bronzing powder that doesn't make my face look muddy or look that I have fake bronzer on.  It gives you a nice dewy appearance for a naturally glowy look.  I have received so many compliments about my complexion when I use this.  I have repurchased this item.  
Mascaras.  I have used 4 mascaras and 1 brow gel.
  • Mary Kay Brow Gel ($10.00).  This is the best brow gel that I have found.  It keeps my thick brows in place and doesn't give you any of that gel buildup.  I have bought this product again recently.  
  • Mary Kay Lash Intensity Mascara ($18.00).  I remember trying to get my hands on this for 2 months, but I completely understand the popularity of this item.  This mascara has a special wand that is used to lengthen, volumize, and curl your eyelashes.  If you get this, be sure to read the instructions as there are a couple of ways to use the wand for your upper and lower eyelashes.  My eyelashes are already pretty long but this made them absolutely pop.  I wouldn't wear this as an everyday mascara but for those special occasions this will be my go to.  I have repurchased this item. 
  • Clinique Bottom Lash Mascara ($11.50).  I use this product everyday to get my lower lashes.  The little wand is quite the helper!  It does a great job of defining and lengthening my bottom lashes.  It is pricey and I am seeing if there are other options to save a few bucks.  I have repurchased this mascara.  I think the next time I need this I will see if there is a 20% off sale at Sephora. 
  • Maybelline Volum' Express the Mascara, Waterproof ($6.99).  This is a great drug store option for an everyday mascara.  It provides just enough volume and covers all of my eyelashes.  I am waiting for a sale and to get some coupons to repurchase this.  
  • BH Cosmetics Bliss Lash Ultimate All-in one mascara ($6.00). I did not like this mascara.  It is simply too messy to use.  The formula clumps and it gets on the side of the tube.  I ended up with a flaky mess next to my vanity and at the end of the day it was all over my under eye area making me look like a panda.  I was really hoping to like this since I've had great experiences with other BH cosmetic items.  But this mascara just did not measure up.  I won't repurchase this.
Well that's it for my winter 2017 empties!  Let me know what your empties this winter were or if you have used any of these items.  Comment below!





No comments:

Post a Comment