Friday, March 31, 2017

March 2017 Top 5 Favorites

It's the last day of March.  You know what that means?  Top 5 monthly favorites!!!

1.  Makeup Revolution Naked Chocolate Palette ($15.00).  I am so glad I purchased this palette!  I've used it pretty much everyday this March.  It has quality eye shadows at a super affordable price.  The palette comes with 16 buttery and highly pigmented eye shadows.  There is a nice mix of highlighters (for your brow bone), transition shades, shimmer shades, and darker shades for the outer v or eyeliner.  One of the reasons that I have been continuously going for this palette is that it is a stand alone palette, meaning you don't have to go searching for other eye shadows to complete your look.  Also, this is a great palette that transitions from day to night easily.  The palette itself is very aesthetically pleasing.  It is in a very cute yellow case that looks like a chocolate bar that is slightly melting.  If you like to display your makeup on a vanity, this would be a great palette to select.  I don't really care for the sponge brush that is inside the palette.  I use my Real techniques brush with the eye shadows.  The color payoff is fantastic.  I highly recommend this product.  You won't be disappointed if you get one for yourself or for a friend.
2.  Maybelline New York Dream Cushion Fresh Face Liquid Foundation ($12.98).  I usually don't go for drug-store foundations and stick to companies like Too Faced and Pur Cosmetics.  I made an exception for this because I heard a lot of great reviews and I was intrigued by a cushion formula.  Glad I took a chance on this.  This is a great foundation if you want a medium coverage look.  It is very easy to use, applies nicely, and covers blemishes easily.  There is a price range with this depending upon where you get it.  I think Walmart has one of the cheaper price tags.  The color range is a little limited but it might be that Maybelline is testing to see how well consumers like it before expanding to other shades.  I like to use this as an every day makeup look and save my more expensive foundations for special events or job interviews.

3.  Maybelline Color Sensational Inti-Matte Nudes Lipcolor in Almond Rose ($5.59).  Maybelline has been on a role!  Almond Rose is such a beautiful shade of nude-pink.  It pairs nicely with any eye shadow look.  I've worn this lipstick pretty much everyday this month with the Naked Chocolate palette above.  It wears nicely throughout the day and requires minimal touch up.  It also is very comfortable and is not drying to the lips.  I recently purchased other shades in the line, Beige babe and purely nude, and can't wait to try them out.

4.  Mary Kay Makeup Finishing Spray by Skindinavia ($18.00).  I've been setting my face makeup with Mary Kay's finishing spray.  The setting spray is by Skindinavia, which is a well known for its bridal finishing spray.  The spray dries down quickly and keeps my makeup in place.  It also works well as a refresher throughout the day (16 hours).  
5.  Make Up For Ever Pro Light Fusion Highlighter in Color 1 ($39.00).  One of my favorite cosmetics is highlighters.  And I do love me some glow!  The new MUF highlighters definitely deliver on some high impact glow. I've only tried the color 1 since it is meant for light to medium tones.  This is a gorgeous pink and slightly golden highlighter.  You can build the highlight up if you want to take a 20 watt to a 1,000 watt glow.  This is a great highlighter for work, if you apply it with a subtle hand.  It is expensive.  But if you are going to mainly be using one highlighter, the MUF  color 1 is worth the investment.  The packaging is very durable and the highlighter comes with a nice attached mirror.

This wraps up Beauty Trove's Top 5 for the month of March.  Have you tried any of these products out?  What were your top 5 for March?  Comment below!

No comments:

Post a Comment