This is the first of five eye tutorials for BH's cosmetics Pride + Prejudice + Zombies Eye and Cheek Palette ($12.50). This eye tutorial looks is inspired by the movie's and Jane Austen's character Jane Bennet. The Jane is a sweet, unassuming, and very feminine look-just like Jane herself. Let's get started (refer to the below pic for eyeshadow colors)!
1. Prime your eyelids and brow bone- I like Urban Decay's Eyeshadow Primer Potion in Eden ($20.00). It applies as a nude, matte shade to give your eyeshadow crease-free staying power for 24 hours.
2. Apply highlighter shade- Using a flat eyeshadow brush, gently tap eyeshadow 7 to brow bone down to crease.
3. Blend transition color- Lightly tap a fluffy blending eyeshadow brush into eyeshadow 4 and apply to crease. Blend the color slightly above the crease line.
4. Use dark brown shade as the crease color- Take a crease brush and dip into eyeshadow 5 and apply directly into crease. Use the blending eyeshadow brush to smooth out any harsh lines. Do not overly blend.
5. Apply blush over eyelid- Wipe the crease brush clean and use it to apply the warm blush (color 15) all over the eyelid.
6. Enhance eye color with gold- Using a flat eyeshadow brush, lightly apply eyeshadow 2 on eyelid. Also, apply eyeshadow 2 in the corner of your eyes (use pinkie finger).
7. Waterline and tightline eyes with black eyeliner- I like Smashbox's Always Sharp Waterproof Kohl Liner in Raven ($21.00).
8. Boost lashes with mascara- I use Maybelline's Volum' Express The Rocket Waterproof Mascara ($6.99) for my upper lashes and Clinique Bottom Lash Mascara ($11.50) for lower lashes.
9. Finish the look- Use blush in shade 14 on apples of cheeks. And highligher in shade 13 above blush and the high points of your face. A glossy lip color will tie the look together. I like Mary Kay's Nourishine in Fancy Nancy ($15.00).